"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"- Morgan Freeman, Shawshank Redemption. This blog is from one such bird who couldn't be caged by organizations who mandate scripted software testing. Pradeep Soundararajan welcomes you to this blog and wishes you a good time here and even otherwise.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

PerScholas, Keith Klain, Doran Jones and how this industry is changing

I hadn't heard about PerScholas till 2013. I guess Keith Klain introduced PerScholas to the testing world through his leadership activities during his awesome stint in Barclays. The idea was definitely exciting but it needed more than an idea. Every idea needs awesome people to execute. 

I don't exactly know how Keith Klain found Doran Jones Inc to join as its COO but it was the best thing to happen to our industry, when I look back. At a situation where every country's economy is not looking good, Keith Klain and PerScholas seems to have struck the deal with software testing to improve America's economy. Ever since I met Paul Holland in 2008, I have become his fan. He is one of the most awesome guys I have met who has great balance and abundance of humor and charm. Paul Holland, James Bach and Michael Bolton have supported PerScholas in its training software testers and I know for sure for those who got trained, they are left with enough inspiration from these cool guys. Now, Paul Holland is also a part of Doran Jones and that is great news for the testers there.  

Read this news: 150 Software Testing Jobs Brought to Nation’s Poorest Congressional District Bringing Millions in Economic Revenue 

This is massive. As a businessman, tester and someone who cares for the community and industry of software testing, this news is one of the biggest I have seen in terms of bringing in a change. For Doran Jones Inc, this builds great respect. For PerScholas leadership team, this is what they dreamed to see, I guess.

This news brings hope to our industry that good people exist, and some good people have courage too and they act, not just speak. To the person of the year and years to come, I salute you.







No comments: