"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"- Morgan Freeman, Shawshank Redemption. This blog is from one such bird who couldn't be caged by organizations who mandate scripted software testing. Pradeep Soundararajan welcomes you to this blog and wishes you a good time here and even otherwise.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"If you can see it in your mind, you will find it in your life" -- Scott Barber

I saw in my mind that someday, I would be attending Jerry's workshop.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would see James Bach in live testing action.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would show Ariel ( Michael Bolton's daughter) how autorickshaws in India zoom.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would go around Toronto with Michael Bolton.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would get a chance to meet with Dr Cem Kaner.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would see Mike Kelly hosting a conference.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would have lunch with Karen Johnson discussing our experiences in testing.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Scott Barber and learn more about Performance testing.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Jon Bach and explore exploratory testing with him.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet my dear friend Ben Simo.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet David Gilbert and learn stories of his creation - Test Explorer.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Harry Robinson and develop my model based thinking.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Matt Heusser and learn more Creative Chaos.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would be introduced to John Kohl, a musical exploratory tester.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Geordie and get a chance to listen to Rapid Tester Song, live.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Adam Goucher and thank him for his constant feedback of my blog.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would see Braidy Tester gathering ideas to make more developers cry.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would attend Johanna Rothman's testing workshop.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would meet Elizabeth Hendrickson and help myself think more agile.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would see all stars glittering a few centimeter from my eyes.
I saw in my mind that someday, I would see and experience more things than what I see in mind.
I think I am going to find most of the above in life, this year, at CAST 2008.

If you have such a dream and being in India makes you feel as disconnected from all great action, send a paper to CAST 08 conference and you would see it in your life, too.

If you have all the above in mind then I urge you to have one more thing -- to travel with me on a 24 hour flight to Toronto, Canada from India, discussing and playing testing exercises or testing the in-flight entertainment system [ of course, without bringing the plane to a halt mid air :)) ]

I am all set to travel to Toronto, Canada for CAST 08 where all the action is set to happen. If you enjoy testing, learning and challenges - CAST is one of the ways that can cast you in such a situation. My current boss has disagreed to sponsor me for this workshop but that doesn't stop me. I have decided to attend CAST 08, shelling out all expenses I would incur from my own pocket. No, I am not rich but I feel I would be too poor as a tester if I dont make it there this time.

Are you going to be on my next seat?

Pradeep Soundararajan - http://testertested.blogspot.com - +91-98451-76817 - pradeep.srajan@gmail.com

"Pradeep's first language is not English--his first language appears to be testing." -- Michael Bolton

6 comments:

Chiky said...

I'm not sure to be in CAST, but I hope to do it to "see me talking with you there"

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

@Chiky,

"Hope is a good thing" - Andy Dufrense, Shawshank Redemption

Andy hoped he could escape from one of the thickest wall jail and escaped from it after a continuous effort for 19 years.

I hope to see more Indian testers flying along with me.

Anonymous said...

Heh. I got about 2/3 of the way through the list when I thought "he needs to just come to CAST" only to see that that particular thought was the point of the post.

See you in July.

-adam

Blog Boy said...

Hey Pradeep. it feels great to see an Indian tester to be there at CAST.all the best.

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

@blogboy,

Thank you and I hope to see many more along with me.

@Adam Goucher,

Sure

Raj Ahuja said...

Hi Pradeep,

I am sure you are going to bring back home a lot of knowledge and learning from CAST and share your experiences with all of us through your blog and future workshops.

I am quite confident you are the right representation of the Indian Testing community at an event like CAST 2008. However, a request please do not execute any test in-flight which stops your flight.

I know I am being selfish here and stoping a passionate tester but you may consider it as keeping in view the interest of other passionate Indian Testers who want to learn from you and your experiences.

Wish you a Happy learning, journey and a safe In-Flight Tests because I know you will not stop anyway.