I was put to test by a real life problem. I used to get at least around 100 missed calls for a day at my desk phone in office from internal numbers(only). That is annoying !
I initially ignored and assumed my other colleagues too had the same problem but on checking with them, I got to know the problem was at my end.
_ Testing puzzle at office _
Thanks to James Bach's exercises that made me think in many ways of how this problem could occur and I was able to identify the problem.
I found it very interesting to share with you all here since I feel, if you too could solve this puzzle, you might feel as happy as I am feeling after I identified the problem.
Here are some clues:
- One of your company employee could also be facing the same problem, I faced.
- You might have called some one in your office and told "Oh sorry, I was trying some one else"
- Its a unique problem and not with pressing a key on the phone by mistake.
- Its a problem, different from the problem with the network which sometime yields the same result.
What should you do?
- Think and identify the problem.
- Document your thought process and e mail it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do you get?
A first correct entry from an Indian tester, gets 250 rupees and even if you dont get it right but if you think your thought process and documentation is good enough, I would love to give you another 250 rupees.
- All correct entries should come with some documentation which stands as a proof for me of how you concluded the problem.
- Open to Indian testers only.
Answer will be published after someone comes out with the correct and answer and inspiring thought process and documentation.
Of course, if you get it right your name would appear in this post.
Just in case someone is boasting about their testing skills, time for you to pass the link to them or after your name appears on it.
_Testing puzzle at office _I am so happy that I am encouraging people to think through my blog and even ready to give them money for their thinking and I would love to continue this way to see many of you becoming *good enough* tester.
Come on start racing, Finish before an Alonso wins the podium !
Thanks and Regards,
:) That's Tester Tested!