I have a happy news for you all and can you all guess what it is ?
No, you cannot, I am sure.
Well, let me break the news for you "In a poll conducted about the quality of Indian Testing Services with around 150 managers in US, whose company outsourced testing to Indian companies - all managers had to unanimously say about Indian testers... “Those people need their tests fed to them through a straw” and “They say ‘yes’ even when they don’t understand what we are asking for.”
"Pradeep, why is it a happy news, isn't it dissapointing" if you by mistake utter this..
I would say ...
"Come on, we have achieved of getting the name we deserve as we do not want to think, want to be spoon fed always, want to remain lazy..."
Ah guys .. let me walk you through some more interesting stuff ...
__ Time for Indian testers to be very proud __
What have we done to ourselves ?
- We, feared our career growth and did not escalate issues that were affecting the quality of a product. Sometimes sick minded colleague, co-worker, lead and managers contribute to a larger extent to the downfall of a product quality.
- We, as organizations, as management of a company are bothered on the head count and not on the quality of head count hired.
- We, as testers, used testing as an entry point to join software industry and later used faked or other stupid gimmicks to make it into development.
- We, as testers, when we found something going wrong with the whole process feared to complain and we know people are not receptive to ideas. If we further put up our views in a gentle way, the egoistic seniors snub and fire us. ( I have done this and can you guess the outcome?)
- We, as test leads and test managers have spent time expressing the powers of our position than on improving the efficiency of tester and mentoring them.
- We, as the Indian testing community, are worried whether automation tools will get us job or manual testing will spoil our lives.
- We, as the Indian testing community, want to compare our salaries with developers or with other testers or with testers in different organizations than comparing our skills and trying to better it.
- We, as Indian testing community, have specialized ourselves in confusing the fresh and young minds by pressing the need for certification in testing and tools.
- We, as Indian testing community, do not even know, whom to ask, where to ask, when to ask, what to ask and why to ask some of our doubts.
- We, as Indian testing community, do not even know that, we are spoiling our country's name just by sitting in our cubicles.
__ Time for Indian testers to be very proud __
"Pradeep, you have hyped this issue" - Are you one among who will ask this to me?
Not at all, Not a single bit of hype but plain truth!
"Pradeep, did you want to rename the title to ' Time for Indian testers to be ashamed ' ?"
Not at all, Let me tell you who among us have saved our name from sinking ...
Testers in MphasiS company, Bangalore have excelled and have satisfied their US customers with good results through ad-hoc testing.
I appreciate and am proud of still being in Bangalore, the software capital of India because of the testers at MphasiS who were able to get satisfy the customers with quality work.
Points to note before you extend your bad tounge -
- I am not against all other company testers but I have heard/seen and experienced that the quality of a tester even in some BIG BIG companies are worse and there are no signs of improving things.
- I have seen/experienced some testers being sent back from US to India by the customers for their poor quality of work and being replaced by another poor quality guy- Customer feels "If I send this guy too, I may have to meet another guy with same quality, so let this guy stay". (Leads and managers are no exception)
- I am sure, there are more companies that do good or even better testing than what MphasiS has done but I am sorry that I am unaware and cannot list it here.
- If you are one good tester and you are getting offended by this post, good, start thinking of making your colleagues as good testers too since you alone being a good tester did not bring a good name to the country.
- If you are in management, take the risk of getting just few customers rather than overloading your testers and help your organization to get such a good name.
- Say to yourself "Yes, I will prove and improve the country's name and then shout at Pradeep".
That's all I need from you !
"A small pat from the customer is a giant leap to your country"
Disclaimer: This post was to hurt those testers who have been spoiling themselves without being aware that they are contributing to their country's name being spoilt internationally. I would be deeply hurt if they are not hurt after reading this post. The above data of 150 Test Managers at US commenting about the quality of Indian testers and the fact of MphasiS testers getting a great pat from their customers was taken from THIS ! I should admit that not all testers at Mphasis would be good, there may be someone like us sitting there too.
Note: Pass this to the testers you may know at MphasiS, I would want to get in touch with them as I do not know any one there.